Thursday 19 March 2009

37 and counting....

Thursday was a gentle, relaxed kind of day just cruising about enjoying the countryside of northern California. I set off continuing south on 101 and then took the 20 east around some lakes before resuming my journey south towards the Napa Valley.


view over Lake Mendocino














As I entered Napa County the road started to climb with a series of bends which were great fun.....the descent on the other side taking me into Napa Valley were great too although there were a few bumps in some of the bends on the way down which made the bike move about a little.
As someone who doesn't drink wine I was quite happy passing by one vineyard after another as I made my way through the Valley......enjoying the scenery and the sunshine.













vines everywhere...





I finished the day in Petaluma...about 40 miles north of San Francisco and went for a few beers (and lots of laughs) with Lisa.....a woman who has lived on and off over the years in Ireland and rides a Harley so we had plenty to chat about.
Friday was another sunny day and a big thank you to everyone who sent me birthday messages.....yes people, today is my 37th birthday. And what fun and frolics did I get up to for my birthday I hear you ask......well I thought I would go for a little bike ride (as a special treat)!
The weather in northern California is not expected to be good over the weekend so I headed south again.......took the 101 back to San Francisco and crossed the Golden Gate again ($6 toll)...it is such an iconic structure I got goosebumps as I was crossing! I headed back to Monterey to pick up the Pacific Coast Highway (route 1) again and do the curves 'n' cliffs section down to Morro Bay from north to south this time (going south means I get closer to the edge!).
I stopped in San Simeon for the evening.....













1 comment:

  1. Imagine going to Napa and not having a glass of wine...tell me you did.

    Happy Birtday from me too, You're actually only 25(hex), Mandy keep telling the kids she's 27.

    ReplyDelete