Thursday 26 March 2009

Palm Springs and beyond....

The bike came through the service without any problems which was good news and I was back on the road by lunchtime. I must admit to a few moments of blind-panic last night thinking I had not seen the bike outside my room (before quickly realising it was in the shop).

I headed to Palm Springs and soon saw how the place got its name.....palm trees of all shapes and sizes everywhere.....







I took Highway 74 as a scenic route to Hemet.


the road winds its way up this hill





...the view from the top of the hill













Lake Hemet

















you can see the road working its way down the hill to Hemet








It was a really hot day here today....southern California seems to be the only corner of the USA that isn't getting battered by snowstorms or thunderstorm at the moment.....it is a hard life I tell ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment