Friday 13 March 2009

The Joshua Tree.....well lots of them actually!




I guess most of the world was unaware of Joshua Tree (the town, the national park or indeed the plant.....it is technically a yucca plant and not a tree!) until U2 released their 1987 album called The Joshua Tree featuring the park in the album photos.

The park itself is 800,000 acres of desert incorporating the Mojave desert in the west and the Colorado desert in east.

Although not jaw-dropping like some of other places I have visited I must admit the place does have a charm of its own........one of the most peaceful and serene places I have ever experienced.























































After the park I made my way further south on the 89S before cutting west again on Highway 78 which saw me take in more desert landscapes........and then the road started to climb and the landscape changed from desert into lush woodlands and then farmland...... I finished up for the day heading south again on the 67 and have parked up in El Cajon, just east of San Diego.




























1 comment:

  1. Happy St Patrick's Day Carl.

    Hope you wet the Shamrock in style.

    Paudie

    ReplyDelete