Thursday 12 March 2009

London Bridge is falling down...falling down....








the Bill Williams river between Parker and Lake Havasu City on the 95





A fairly easy day again today.....lots of sunshine which was nice! I headed west on highway 60 and then cut north to Lake Havasu City which is the location of London Bridge.
The City of London sold the bridge in 1967 and it was dismantled, shipped to Arizona and rebuilt in 1971 and is now the second most popular tourist attraction in Arizona after the Grand Canyon.










After that, I retraced my steps back to Parker and then took the 62 into California as far as the Joshua Tree National Park. The 62 was a series of straights which went on as far as you could see.....one after another......for the best part of 100 miles.














Sheephole Valley.....if only I could do a decent Welsh accent....the fun to be had!!!





there was a lot more yellow bug-splatter on the screen by the time I finished for the night




now which way shall I go......decisions, decisions...



No comments:

Post a Comment