Monday 9 March 2009

Bryce Canyon N.P.






























I was humming 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland' all the way through the park.....couldn't help it!































Somebody's big head is unfortunately blocking the view!





























'Natural Bridge'...and yes they accept that it is an arch and not a bridge!




















































I'm sure that Bryce Canyon is beautiful in the summer time but I think the snow really adds something to the whole scene and I guess it gives the pics a little extra too.


As I was leaving at about 1130 the temperature was 37F which is about 3C if my maths is right......trust me it was cold and stayed cold until much later in the day and a couple of thousand feet lower. You know it is cold when people passing in cars start camcorder-ing the bloke on the bike with plastic bags over his gloves (it helps to take the edge off the windchill on the fingers)


And back to Arizona for some sunshine I hope! Route 89 & 89A South....



Some views from Marble Canyon on Route 89A.



Taken from the Navajo Bridge





I got myself to the Grand Canyon (I blame the council for letting it get that big!) in the end.......turned off Route 89 and onto 64 thinking it would be just up the road.....sign soon tells me that it is 27 miles away.......which was a rough 27 miles as there were 40+mph crosswinds all the way......not what I needed after a long, cold day....got to the entrance to the park only to find that there was another 26 miles before I got to hotels and food (and hopefully they have some petrol close by too as I don't think I have anything near another 60 miles in the tank to get back out of here! I did get a huge wave from an old guy on a bike in the park......think he was just happy to see that he wasn't alone in his madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment