Sunday 15 February 2009

Sweet Home Alabama.....

Another dreary, grey start and I continue West out of Panama City and follow the coast line through Pensacola and on to Alabama. There were a few showers of rain along the way but nothing heavy like yesterday so no problems. Looks like I passed into another timezone yesterday so I am now 6 hours behind the UK and Ireland whereas I had been 5 hours behind before that....was very confused this morning when I woke up to find I was an hour out of sync with the world around me!

Stopped for lunch at KFC.....never saw anyone saying grace in a fast-food outlet but there was a couple holding hands across from each other, eyes closed, heads bowed and thanking their God for the food on their table......I wonder if their God looks anything like Col. Sanders? (shouldn't mock really.......if their faith works for them....who am I to judge them?) KFC over here don't do fries anymore......but their potato wedges were excellent....was actually really nice food all round......the UK chain could learn a lot!

The sun came out as I crossed the bridge into Alabama which was nice.....and the good weather stayed with me for the afternoon.


looking back into florida...



Go 'BAMA!!!!

So I headed towards Mobile (pronounced Mo-beel) and I did go into the city but couldn't be bothered trying to navigate my way around the city to find an area with hotels/food/beers and backtracked a few miles to the town of Daphne just east of the city of Mobile where I had passed a few hotels and bars all close by to each other. I can see the skyscrapers of Mobile from my hotel room and have the sun setting in the bay as I type this.








Week 2 concluded.
Miles on the bike: 9909
Miles ridden this week: 1631
Total miles ridden so far: 2465

No comments:

Post a Comment