Tuesday 10 February 2009

Fort Lauderdale to Fort Pierce....

The motel in Fort Lauderdale turned out to be a less-than-perfect choice so I was a little tired this morning heading off particularly after the long 300+ miles the day before....was glad to get underway though just after 7am.

The morning started off quite breezy and overcast which was nice and refreshing and I headed north sticking with Route 1 and again taking the A1A wherever it offered an alternative. (most of the time the A1A runs parallel to route 1 but it is running on a series of islands along the coast and so bridges connect these communities to the mainland).







Table for 2 sir? Certainly, please follow me.....


the pics above are the beach these houses look out onto just north of Boca Raton

The A1A was really nice and relaxing......limited to 30-40mph but mostly single lane and just meandering through residential areas in what looked like some exclusive beachfront areas....the only people to be seen where the hispanic gardeners tending to the greenery!


Some beautiful beaches to be seen although very few places to stop and park up to admire the view (I guess the residents don't want to encourage the riff-raff).
Juno Beach below was a public beach with parking available and have to say it was stunning with just enough wind and surf.......















Decided to call it a day at lunchtime today....the sun had found its way out and I was feeling my lack of sleep from the night before.......found a hotel in Fort Pierce which is nice......have managed to do my laundry (got talking to a Canadian woman - well actually I got listening....there wasn't much room for me to do any talking - who spent time in Bray and Greystones in Ireland......she loved it.....her family come from Wicklow originally......and I am welcome to visit her family up north anytime!!!) and do some running repairs to my main bag as it was starting to split along a seam (a stitch in time..!) and of course catch up on my blogging! (all sounds very domesticated)

1 comment:

  1. carl enjoy the sunshine and surf while you can not much of that here.
    To cold to even think of going out for a bike trip,enjoying the blog the photographs look fantastic.
    Mother says hello,take care bye for now
    P.

    ReplyDelete