Wednesday 11 February 2009

St. Augustine....

It was about 1030 before I took off from the hotel in Fort Pierce this morning and I stayed with the A1A and Route 1 as I keep going north........it was 23C by 11am and 28C at 1430 and I had to stop in a bikeshop this afternoon to get myself some lightweight gloves.


Hopefully the bike dealership will receive my proper licence plate in the next day or so and then I can ship out and head west.......there are only so many beaches you can look at!

Sorry to all who are reading if they are a little bored with the endless sea-scapes but there isn't a great deal else to show you............as yet! Got some more for you though.......


the view from the hotel in Fort Pierce


that will teach me to never go gloveless again....






4 pics from North Hutchison Island












Another sunny hot day.....the Floridians are smiling again....they really didn't like the cold weather last week but have now started to relax again. There were virtually no bikes on the road last week but they are all out in the last few days.....fair-weather bikers takes on a whole new meaning!!

So I went through Merrit Island which is home to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center (their spelling - not mine) although I did take a wrong turn at one point and was actually heading into the Kennedy Space Center until I grass-tracked across the central reservation and headed back towards the tourist trail! I went through Daytona Beach again and with only a few days to go before the Daytona 500 Nascar Race the place was buzzing but I just kept going.......

Ended up stopping in St. Augustine for the evening.....the oldest continuously populated town in North America...founded by the Spanish in 1565 (or thereabouts......look it up!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carl,

    Really enjoying your blog. It is a nice break from work even if it does leave me longing for a holiday in the sunshine. I imagine you are looking forward to some different scenery by now, I know I am ;) Only kidding, it all looks great. I have a similar shaped belly and waddle as the Pelicans so I think I can say that is my favourite photo so far :)

    Take Care and don't forget the suncream.
    Ruth
    xxx

    ReplyDelete