Friday 6 February 2009

Load 'em up and move 'em out!

Well I spent a fair while this morning trying to figure out the best way to pack the bags to get them on the bike but in the end decided that a few days of trial and error was the only way forward.....so long as everything was strapped down well enough we couldn't go too far wrong!









You can certainly feel the extra weight when you are trying to move the bike on your own steam but it isn't a problem once you are up and running......even helps when there are cross-winds!


I've gone a couple of hours southwest of Orlando to Brandon which is just outside Tampa and from there I shall head south to Naples tomorrow. I got here ok (one wrong turn which meant an alternative route.....turns out I took the correct turn......second guessed myself.....turned round and went back a couple of miles to take the wrong turn........shouldn't be let me out by myself!).


The only problem is that when I got here it took me 2 hours to find the hotel.....nobody I asked could say for sure where it was......ended up in a bike shop and they went on the internet to find it for me and show me a map.....2 minutes from their location!


Oh and just to prove that I do take some pics which do not include a bike I would like to present the view from my hotel room window:



Now I think it is time for me to find a bar.....

2 comments:

  1. Excellant...looks like you've packed enough for a......day or two ;-) What's the traffic and road surfaces like? Do you see many other bikes on the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carl,
    Graham Tart here, hope things are going well for you mate.
    Not an ounce of sencerity there I'm jelous as f**k !lol.
    I saw Mark and Ruth out at the Station last night and he sent me a link so I'm gonna be following your progress across the USA.You'll be happy to hear that they both looked well and happy (Ruth was practically glowing) and I'll probably catch up with them again next week.
    Keep the screen !
    It'll amaze you how much more effort it'll take without one .I didn't have one on my Europe trip and it was knackering.
    Take care mate and keep blogging, I'll look forward to seeing more pics and seeing how you get on.
    All the best,
    Graham ;o)

    ReplyDelete