Monday 9 February 2009

sunday afternoon...out for a ride!!!

And so it is time to move on and I get back on the 41 in Naples going south towards the Key Largo.

Sunday was the warmest day so far and it was hot! There were hundreds of bikes out and about....as you can see from one gas station that I pulled into.
These guys were coming from all directions and weren't one big group....they were all in small groups of half-a-dozen or so and there were bikes everywhere...the bikers had their digital cameras out...the car drivers had their digital cameras out....even the staff in the gas station were taking pictures!









So Route 41 takes you south-east through the everglades towards Miami....also known as the Tamiami Trail (as it runs from Tampa-Miami).





..the everglades.




Before Miami I cut down the 997 to Key Largo where I am pitching up for the night in Popps Motel which backs onto the shore....well I guess most things here do back onto the shore (the Keys are not exactly big). The owner of the motel (Mrs Popps?) reckons last week was the coldest it had been down there since 1959!
...what you see when you step out of your motel room (or shed as I like to call it) at Popps!
Week 1 ends with 8278 miles on the clock which means I covered 834 miles since Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment