Tuesday 3 February 2009

Now where is my suncream....?


Hi Guys,

Well I just had to come in from the blazing sunshine here to let you all know that I made it to Florida without incident.....even managed to get here on time to watch the Superbowl in a local bar.....it was being held in Tampa which is only an hour away so the Floridians were very into it!
You will be glad to hear it rained all day yesterday but today was the day I picked up my bike from the dealership so the sun came out and it is lovely t-shirt weather.......I obviously picked the right week to ship out given the snows at home!
So........here she is:




I took these shots at the dealership while the paperwork was being sorted out. Mileage was 7444 when I took ownership so we shall have to see how many miles I clock up in the next few weeks.

She sounds GREAT!!

The guys I bought her from couldn't have been nicer or more helpful....the bike is being registered to the dealership address as I don't have a Florida address and I have a temporary plate which is good for a month while the real plates and registration get sorted out. The real plates will be sent to them in the next week or so which means I should be able to pass back this way on my way out of Florida and get them put on.......give the local sherriffs across the country one less thing to ask about!

So off I wobbled onto Route 50 and back towards Orlando.......she is very heavy....really noticed the weight when first took her off the stand but the weight is real low down so is fine once you are up and running. Every time I set off I try and put my feet where I am used to putting them on a sportsbike only to find the pegs are about 12" - 15" further forward........have already started getting used to it though. Other than that she is quite comfortable.....of course I am used to the piece of wood they call a seat on a sportsbike!

I went to another bike shop about 18 miles away to order my accessories.....they reckon they should have them Thursday or Friday at the latest and can fit them while I wait so hopefully I should be on the road for real as planned by the weekend.

Right time for some lunch and then maybe an afternoon ride in the sunshine.........

3 comments:

  1. Go see the parks it'll bring out your inner child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bro the bike looks swweeeeett!!! Glad the dealer was sound. Enjoy the weather.....do they have a sale on snow ploughs or gritters there because we're running out over here ;- )
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Tampa. Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete