Friday 27 February 2009

Big Bend State Ranch

hi Guys,


Well I got myself through the Big Bend State Ranch/Park today.....will try for the Big Bend National Park tomorrow (it is 100 miles just to get to the entrance!).


It was another hot (very hot) day and so I took the 67 South to Presidio and then east along 170 through the park.......I had a 1.5 mile detour along dirt track as the road was closed at one point but it was ok.......hadn't planned on meeting a school bus coming the other way but no problems...was glad to have a new tyre on the back though.....not sure the old one would have survived......and this is not a place you want to break down in.















I kept thinking there was something wrong with the bike but I guess it just felt a little different as I didn't have all my gear on it for once! Most of the route was great.......can see how people come undone though as you are so busy trying to watch the scenery you can easily get a bend wrong.....and there are lots of blind bends......severe dips and blind crests to contend with.......




























I have lots more pictures from the day (yes more rocks!....I can hear the groans already!!!!) but am struggling to get them uploaded tonight so shall stick with what I have so far.
take it easy and enjoy your weekend!!













2 comments:

  1. Hi bro, loving the pics some amazing roads.....im jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Carl
    I love the photos! I am so jealous that I am considering buying myself a Harley and doing the same damn thing, but with friends of coarse. I am a little irritated with the girl who didn't know what or where the UK was. Not a prime example of my fellow southern americans. Stay safe. Tracy

    ReplyDelete