Wednesday 1 April 2009

Yosemite National Park


I detoured south on 49 from Mariposa this morning to Oakhurst before turning north on 41 to the south gate of Yosemite National Park.....it seems a long time ago since I paid $80 for an annual pass to all national parks but it has more than paid for itself on my travels by this point.

I had prepared for a chilly ride today but I was more in danger of overheating than freezing as I cruised along through the park.......the days are getting cooler as the week progresses but today was still in the low 20s C and was quite pleasant.....

I could smell the pine trees in the air.....the clean mountain air.....as I entered the park.....something very 'right' about mountain air.....

Well you don't need me to talk you through the pictures.....they are fairly self-explanatory.....a must-see kind of place with some spectacular views......














































the famous 'half-dome'...that is the one shaped like a dolphin's head























































































Stopped in Sonora for the evening....

1 comment:

  1. I climbed that! Yosemite is so beautiful, makes me wish I was there too instead of a doley!

    ReplyDelete