Friday 3 April 2009

The rest of Lake Tahoe

On the way to dinner last night it started snowing and it kept snowing until the early hours of the morning......it wasn't heavy but there was a couple of inches of cover by morning.

I stayed off the roads until about 11am but while the sun was shining the temperature was significantly lower than yesterday......there was a definite nip in the air! I headed off to complete my circuit of the lake and soon was riding through wet, dirty, slushy roads which meant that both the bike and I were pretty wet and dirty before too long.







The border between California and Nevada runs right through the lake. Lake Tahoe was where the Corleone family moved to when they relocated to Nevada (although the house used in the movie was on the California side of the lake) in The Godfather movies......where poor ol' Fredo got whacked in the second movie.


I'm not sure if it was the cold or the altitude (or a combination of the two) but the bike really wasn't running well this morning......throttle response was pretty poor and it felt like I was in the wrong gear half the time (and no, I wasn't simply in the wrong gear)....but all was back to smooth running this afternoon when I had dropped down from the mountains.









Today was cold enough for me to leave Tahoe and the mountains and head back south. I went back the route I came in yesterday and am back in Sonora for the evening. There is a Honda dealership next to the hotel I am in and the bike is with them to get a new front tyre and some brake pads fitted and getting them to detail (a clean and polish) the bike too (the salt and mud from the roads today was pretty bad and after 9 weeks on the road a serious clean is required).





No comments:

Post a Comment