Friday 10 April 2009

Home Sweet Home.....

Thursday morning was a little confusing.....I was told by the storage company that the space for my bike was ready but then told it wasn't as it had to approved by the bossman who wasn't around.......and then about 11am I got an email to say everything was good to go (or good 'to stay put' in storage terms I guess!!!).

So there and then I made the impulsive decision to ring the airline....see if I could jump on a plane home a few days earlier than planned and off I went.......dropped the bike off in San Pedro, completed the formalities and then jumped in a taxi to LAX.

Arrived in London after a 10 hour flight to a rainy and grey day (what else would you expect in April???) and made my way across London to get the train to Leeds.

The house is pretty much as I left it except for the rather large mound of mail sitting in my hallway......plenty of bills and final demands no doubt but they can wait until after the weekend!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone back here in this part of the world for following my exploits and sending me messages along the way and to everyone in the USA that I encountered and helped me out. It has been a fun and entertaining 14,500 miles and I am looking forward to embarking on the summer leg of the trip.

Happy Easter to one and all!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back bro and for sharing your adventure :) Look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Carl. Or should I say "welgo" back, seeing as I'm not there.

    Anyway, I'm thrilled you had such an amazing adventure and that you didn't get kidnapped along the way by human-skin wearing good ol' boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Your blog has been an invaluable resource for me in planning my cross country trip (www.brandnewinformation.com )
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carl, I'd love to chat, IM or email with you about your trip. I'm doing a DC to Seattle to DC trip in July.
    I bet you have some great tips and lessons learned. I'm at brashier@gmail.com or my other contact info is at my personal site www.michaelbrashier.com

    Thanks and I really enjoyed this trip blog.

    ReplyDelete